Monday, December 21, 2009

nathan's bootie pants


Charlie's friend Nathan has a bootie problem. He's short and stout and wears cloth diapers and his pants don't fit. So Charlie and I undertook the task of making him a pair of big bootie pants just his size for Christmas.

We used an old t-shirt and cut out some extra-wide pants. I sewed on a knit applique of a whale. It was just the right project for us--quick, easy, recycled and a fun accomplishment. We passed them on to Nathan's mom today...hope they fit!

P.S. We are leaving for PA tomorrow to have Christmas with Jonathan's family. Jonathan and I will be "sharing" his laptop while we're gone so I can't guarantee another posting until we get back after Christmas. Merry Christmas, Friends!

4 comments:

The Harts said...

Keren, this is so sweet! It made me laugh out loud because we joke all the time about Miranda's dancing booty with her cloth diapers. Enjoy your time in PA.

Unknown said...

Dear Nathan, we understand your bootie problem! Our short stout cloth diapered girl would love to meet you some day :)

Calia said...

I like your blog's new look--such a cute picture of Charlie!

And amen to the cloth diaper bootie woes. Xaris isn't even short and stout (she's long and very LEAN!) but we still have problems getting pants to fit over those dipes. I love your t-shirt/pants idea!

Happy Christmas!

Ashley said...

Dear Miss Keren, thank you so much for my booty pants. I love wearing them because they are so cute and they accommodate my big belly and squishy buns. Love, Nathan