Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Noooooooooo!"

I have been trying to be specific with the words that I use to reprimand Charlie. I didn't want him to learn the word "no" for as long as possible. So I said things like, "Don't touch that, Charlie," and "That's not for your mouth, Charlie"....etc. Until yesterday, when he reached inside his poopy diaper with both hands and I let out a long, despairing "NOOOOOOOOO!"
It only took once.
Charlie has been repeating "NOOOOOOO!!!" all morning in a tone of intense despair. This moment turned out to be much funnier than I expected it to be.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

That's funny. Chloe tried that a while back and I told her not to touch her bottom while daddy was changing her. So she's decided its a game and want to try and touch her bottom every time I change her.

Christine said...

Yes, our little mimics. When Peter does something I don't want I tend to repeat "no" until he stops/I can stop him. Now he says, "no, no, no" in this horrible oice to mimic me with sarcasm. It's awful. But what can you do?

Sarah H said...

That's hilarious!