Saturday, November 20, 2010

Reasons, good reasons, and a very good reason for why I haven’t blogged….

Reason #1:  Work

Ok, this is a lame reason, because I really enjoy the work I do, but it does take time!  I have 13 music students (piano and voice) and I teach 1.5 days out of the week.  It is such a blessing to have this work that pays well and uses the talents God has given me.  I am finally teaching at my full capacity and that is very nice too.  We have a wonderful babysitter who fills in on Saturdays since that is my full day of teaching.  She takes care of Charlie with careful love and I would pay her double the going rate if I could afford it! 

Twice a week, Charlie and I spend a good portion of our day with Alaythia.  She is so cute.  She has taught Charlie to say “OK, sure!”  and the joy of putting “oh” before every utterance.   (I asked him if he wanted cheese for his snack the other day and he looked at me and said, “ohhh… yep!” ) They love each other dearly and can’t stop talking about each other.  I frequently catch Charlie muttering “Eya toon” (Alathia’s turn) as he plays by himself, even if its been days since they’ve seen each other. 

Spending time regularly with another toddler is really a blessing for Charlie right now.  He is getting good experience, which he dearly needs, at learning how to be kind, how to share—what it means to have a friend.  I’m so thankful that Alaythia is in our lives!IMG_1481

Reason #2: Charlie

IMG_1329Charlie keeps me going all day.  He has a great attention span and loves to read and draw.  But really, when it comes down to it, he needs to spend several hours outside each day MOVING--running, kicking and getting all kinds of grubby.  That means I’m out there too, playing “whack ball” (involves any permutation of a stick and a ball that you can think of and has no rules, or purpose really, come to think of it)  or whatever the activity du jour is.  Thank goodness he collapses for an hour nap or so in the afternoon, or I would be toast! 

IMG_1386e

Charlie talks all, and I mean all the time.  He calls himself “Cha” and he narrates his own activities as he goes.  “Cha wak” (Charlie walk), “Cha won” (Charlie run), “Cha hit”, Cha sit…etc.   It is really funny to see his sense of grammar develop (or not as the case may be).  If he is looking for something and finds it he says, “Der are!”   If he is calling my name he says Mama with two syllables, but if he is putting my name in a sentence he shortens it to “ma.” “Ma doo itch” (Mama do it).  This rule holds true for any two-syllable name.  It makes understanding the subject of his sentences somewhat challenging.  My favorite thing he says right now is, “Ma howd you,” which really means “Mama, hold me.”

IMG_1414

Reason #3:  the belly

IMG_1490Um, yep!   It certainly popped out quickly this time!  The next baby Marzinke is slotted to arrive at the end of April.  And if morning sickness and fatigue in combination with chasing a toddler, house chores and work don’t give me a valid excuse for leaving you all hanging, I don’t know what would!

IMG_1496eThe good news is that I’m not feeling sick anymore and getting some energy back…so there is hope for our blogging relationship’s future!  Here’s to many more posts!

9 comments:

Marc and Suzanne said...

A VERY good reason for leaving us in the lurch, sweetheart. Congratulations on #2! Praying for you! Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Keren I totally hear you on the early belly! I look so much BIGGER than I did last time! You are beautiful as always and Charlie is such a cutie. Can't wait to see you in January!!!

doro said...

Oh, friend! My happy congratulations to you! How exciting! I wish that I could give you a HUGE hug and a kiss on the cheek! Congratulations.

BTW - Lilian LOVES her rattles - especially the cucumber :-). I need to get a picture of her with them for you!

Ande said...

Congrats you guys! It's so fun to have siblings:) Looks like you've been keeping plenty busy!:)

Jen Gay said...

At last the belly pic! You look great! I love hearing about charlie's development reminds me of Grace and gives me something to look forward too with Gillian.

xoxo miss you Jen

Calia said...

Congrats!! So excited for you, wishing you a happy and easy pregnancy and delivery!

love,
Calia

nerissa said...

am so happy to know that you'll have another baby!! <3 <3 <3

praying for good health, easy pregnancy, and safe delivery for you..

for sure charlie would love it more, having a sibling around.

loveu!

momm and dadd marzinke said...

So good to read and see more Charlie news. His talking sounds so adorable. You look terrific!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your growing FAMILY! ;)

It's so much more challenging to teach our children that "it's not always all about you" when most of the time, as far as they can tell, it really is. A sibling is such an inescapable teacher of this life lesson. We are praying for a sibling for Caleb, too. :)