Friday, January 16, 2009

Ice and Warmth

It is 8 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now and supposedly feels like -2. I'm certainly not going out to see if they are right or not. The last three days we have have had ice around the window seals, on the inside. It is COLD!

Here's what is keeping us warm:
1. "The little radiator that could": Purchased with our Christmas money, it rolls around from room to room with us, providing economic heat.

2. Projects: I have slippers for Jonathan, a baby sweater and a blanket on the knitting needles. There are baby sheets and a car seat cover in various stages of production under the sewing machine. I've been cooking meals to freeze for later. And Jonathan finishes his translation of 1 John from Greek to English today, so we've set a date to pack our bag for the hospital this afternoon!

3. Presents from friends: Thank you to all of you who have sent things to us for the baby! Every time I see a package at the door, it makes me feel so loved and warm. Here's a piece of art sent to us by my good friend Ella.

Notice how well she painted us, and that the baby's hair color is even mixed between my hair and Jonathan's hair....now that is the kind of attention to detail worthy of the daughter of a medical research scientist! I love it! Thank you Ella!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That painting is so cute! And that is really cold! I can't even imagine! Right now, it's about 33ºF and I'm freezing! I've never actually seen the ice on the windows, but for my floor Christmas party at SPU, a girl brought spray-on ice for atmosphere! Hope you're staying warm and it's exciting that you're already planning for the big arrival! Love, Sophie

P.S. I bet you got a kick out of Mom's very practical baby gifts! :)

Sarah H said...

Wow, impressive picture! It looks just like you guys! :) Hope you keep warm.