First, it is nearly impossible to stay awake reading theology. Novels are OK; I read The Host, by Stephanie Meyer (800+ pages) in one day three weekends ago--never had a nap all day! But put anything in front of me that requires keeping a train of thought and I'm out in no time at all. It's become terribly frustrating to wake up an hour later and realize I've done it again!

Second, there are certain times I have to eat, in class or not. Our Covenant Theology class is at 11am. Its taught by several formal and very intelligent professors, including a Dr. Williams who is the last person you want to eat in front of while he's giving a lecture.
So, the other day I couldn't wait any longer and surreptitiously pulled out my apples and peanut butter. ('d brought them along in case of such an emergency.) Jonathan and I were sitting on the side of the class room, so I thought I could get away without Dr. Williams noticing. But no such luck.
Wouldn't you know it, just as I was about to put a big slice covered with peanut butter in my mouth, he looks right at me...and stopped talking...lost his train of thought....had to walk back to his notes to see where he was...It was embarrassing, and so funny! (AND, I'm really glad he didn't yell at me!)
Second, there are certain times I have to eat, in class or not. Our Covenant Theology class is at 11am. Its taught by several formal and very intelligent professors, including a Dr. Williams who is the last person you want to eat in front of while he's giving a lecture.
So, the other day I couldn't wait any longer and surreptitiously pulled out my apples and peanut butter. ('d brought them along in case of such an emergency.) Jonathan and I were sitting on the side of the class room, so I thought I could get away without Dr. Williams noticing. But no such luck.
Wouldn't you know it, just as I was about to put a big slice covered with peanut butter in my mouth, he looks right at me...and stopped talking...lost his train of thought....had to walk back to his notes to see where he was...It was embarrassing, and so funny! (AND, I'm really glad he didn't yell at me!)
4 comments:
Look at that beautiful belly! I'm so glad to see that things are going well. I remember how tired I was during the first and second trimesters. I'd barely make my walk home from work without falling asleep (yes, there were times I was afraid I'd fall asleep WHILE I WAS WALKING) and would go straight to bed. Take care, my friend.
Peace,
Heather (Carraher)
I didn't know you were prego! Congrats! Your so cute! You guys will be the coolest parents. Don't worry I have plenty of pictures of me sleeping while pregnant (even @ work!)I think I would fall asleep reading theology even while not pregnant! Sleep on my friend, sleep on!
You're beautiful. Congrats!
You've got a great bump!! And, at least now you have the visual to go with the weirdness--you could probably do more than just eat in class--you could fall asleep, snore, drool on the desk and no one would flinch (too much)...
:)
love!
calia
Post a Comment