
This labor day was not very laborious for me! I started out my weekend by taking a nap in our sunny back yard, while Jonathan washed dishes. (I lead a rough life, I know!)

Then I moved on to re-planting our hanging basket, which had been overtaken with vines.

We were also house and dog-sitting for the family I nanny for. So we took Stella, the most obedient dog in the world, for a walk to the park.

She chased her ball and rolled in the grass until she was so thoroughly exhausted that Jonathan had to convince her to keep up with us on the way home. She was pretty happy about it though!

Then we led worship at church on Sunday and went out to lunch with friends. That afternoon we took more naps to get us ready for.....
...The EVERGREEN STATE FAIR!!!

We saw piglets that were two hours old, and an amazing array of bunnies. But best of all, was the Logging Competition!


And most exciting of all, pole climbing! I really did think that they were going to die in front of our eyes, especially when they started coming down so fast that it looked like they were falling.

Ahhhh, there's nothing so fair as Fair food for fare!

What's bigger, my teeth or the Ferris Wheel cars? (This is a lovely example of a "Marzinke picture"...taken entirely without my knowledge!)



After the Ferris Wheel we needed some refreshment to help us on our way home!

Mmmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment